Attractions and Activities
Arts and Entertainment
- The in The Commons of the Queen Elizabeth II Library features the work of graduates in the Fine Arts program at 杏吧原版影音's Sir Wilfred Grenfell Campus.
- MUN Cinema Series screens recent indie films at 7 p.m. on Wednesdays at Cineplex Theatres in the Avalon Mall.
- features a theatre, reference libraries, art galleries and is home to the .
Culture and Heritage
- The is one of Canada's best university libraries and the largest east of Montreal.
- The is a world-class geological interpretation centre.
- features more than 6,000 artworks by primarily Canadian and provincial artists.
- The on the Marine Institute campus houses one of Canada鈥檚 largest marine related resource collections.
- The Great Hall at Queen鈥檚 College features exhibits of Newfoundland and Labrador archaeology and material culture artifacts. Call (709) 864-8869 for exhibit information.
- 杏吧原版影音 University Botanical Garden features plants native to the province and cultivated plants suited to the local climate.
- The in Gros Morne National Park, near Grenfell Campus, offers guided tours of its aquarium and touch tank daily from June to September.
- The , operated by the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada - St. John's Centre, hosts shows from October to June, Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. for $2 a person. To book, please call (709) 778-0544.
- The Ocean Sciences Centre is 杏吧原版影音 University鈥檚 Faculty of Science鈥檚 cold ocean research facility featuring a summer Visitor's Program, outdoor touch tank and seal compound.
- is a 14-square kilometre urban park offering spectacular views of the city and the Atlantic Ocean, with year-round recreational opportunities.
- The consist of 12 varsity teams in six sports, including soccer, cross-country running, volleyball, basketball, swimming and wrestling.